Whether you’re a retailer or not, there is pressure to have an online presence. Here are many reasons why you should have a website even if you don’t want an eCommerce site: –
- There’s no denying that customers love to shop online – just check out the public’s mania for Black Friday which is incidentally today!
- While the majority of larger chain stores have progressed into selling their products online with e-commerce sites, this may not be best suited for smaller independent stores (if your USP is in-store service then it may be harder to replicate that online)
- There are many reasons to promote your business online whether you’re after an eCommerce site or not. Why?
- You still need a presence to let people know you’re there and to demonstrate brand personality
- You must sell the aspirations and benefits that come from your product – in this way you may choose to have a website that complements your entire digital marketing suite, so including your social media too
- People may want to peek inside your store before they come to the shop
- People may want to see who will be there to greet them when they enter your store
- They may want to know where your store is (contact details, postcode, FAQ)
Above all, a well-designed website adds credibility to your business.
If you have no online presence, people will doubt your credibility.
Simple brochure sites can be created on small budgets. We offer a range of website types to suit all budgets and business sizes for this very reason.
People use search engines multiple times per day – it’s the equivalent of opening the yellow pages. If you’re not online, are you really there at all?