There is so much information available on the internet nowadays about how to create your own website, that many people are choosing to give it a go themselves.
Sometimes I’ll have a conversation with a potential client or someone I meet who will tell me they regret going it alone and have multiple problems with their website. It becomes a source of frustration for them rather than a valuable tool in their marketing suite.
Some common frustrations I hear:
- Is the source of information I have found credible? How do I know I’m following the right advice online? Anyone can post online.
- Do you have the technical skills to carry out a full website build, and host and maintain it to keep on top of security features and update patches? You may have been led to believe that you ought to be able to do all of this alone, and yet, you keep asking yourself, aren’t you busy running your own business? Wouldn’t it be easier if someone else took this over for me? But, I keep hearing others say they do it themselves. So the frustration builds.
- Do I have the right design skills to be able to carry out a website build?
- Do I know (or can I learn) enough about SEO to be able to make sure that is effective?
- Once I’ve build my website, I have to populate it with SEO content, good relevant images and keep on top of all the maintenance AND think about social media otherwise who is going to see it?
People take this on board and try to do it themselves when the truth is often it’s so much easier and less expensive to let a professional take care of it. We live and breathe this work and can advise and act as a support for you throughout the entire process and well into the future, to ensure your website stays with you for as long as possible.
If you find yourself in this position and you’re looking for advice about how to start working with a professional website designer with down to earth trusted advice and transparent pricing, then don’t hesitate to call for a no obligation chat about your project. You don’t have to go it alone. I look forward to hearing from you!